Email with attachment not sending

We also experienced this when working with attachments. Only sent every second or third email. Without attachments its sending reliably. Is there any ETAs on when this is fixed? Our service completely relies on attachments in emails.

We used the REST api for sending emails.

Hello @robert-j, @ricardo_van_lemmen.

We were able to reproduce your problem. Ticket BKNDLSS-22694 was created. This will be fixed soon.

Regards, Nikita.

What kind of timeline are we looking at? More than a day or 2 I need to update the app to remove attachments.

Robert, we are working on it just right now.
We’ll post here about the progress.

@robert-j we have fixed the issue, please check and let us know if you still have the problem

Thank you. Seems to be working now.
Was this another temp fix or can we except this to be permanent?

Robert

We suspect the assembly sequence (assembly of our product) may be the problem. But it is hard to check it in a test environment. So I cannot say right now that the problem has been fixed 100%.
We need more time to monitor the behavior of our servers.

Has a check been added to verify the sequence when its updated? How often is this updated?
I hate finding out about the issue from my customers

Hi @robert-j!

Sorry for inconveniences.
Our QA team will check this feature before each release. Also this check included to “smoke tests”. We still try to localize cause of this problem but if it occurs again we will locate it right after release and will be able to take appropriate measures.

Regards, Andriy

This appears to be broken again…
Sometimes an attachment goes through, but if attachments are removed it goes every time.
One just came, it took 90 minutes for it to leave backendless and hit my smtp server

Our QA team have checked the work of a mailing with attachments. End everything works fine.
It can be related to the smtp server itself. We work with gmail and with our custom smtp.
What smtp do you use ? Can you create a test account for us ?

Ive moved it over to Gmail and will test over the next few days.
Thanks
Robert