Emergency, need Help! Broken Login

So heres the thing, I have an app with adalo and I followed the guide on implementing Backendless with adalo, and now I tried to login to the app with a random and unofficial login and password, and it works. It should not go through. What did I do wrong?

Anyone can use the app without properly signing up and establishing an account, so if you were to sign in with an invalid login such as “a@a.com, password: a,” it would work, even though those credentials are not in the system.

Help!

Can you check what the API request looks like “on the wire”? Meaning what the client-side is sending to the server? We’d need to know what that request looks like and what the server is sending in response.

Regards,
Mark

Could you tell me how do I do that?

I am not an Adalo expert, please check with them how to check what the API request looks like.

1 Like

Okay, then. It may take some time, but I’ll reply once I get some information.

Update. I think I got it sorted out. I had to make a few more conditions regarding login, but so far it seems to be working. Thanks for coming to help. :+1:

1 Like

Question regarding the login process. What is the point of the Usertokens and Object id, for adding the user to the adalo database? One more thing: why does the login process need to create a new backendless user with a new object id and user token every time the user logs in? Do you know if that would also take up data space in Adalo?

Also, why does “User Status” start off as “Null” instead of “Enabled”?

User token uniquely identifies a session of a logged-in user. When a user is authenticated, we generate user token that is returned back to the client application. That user token should be included with every subsequent request to identify the session of the user (and the user itself) in the backend system. This is done to enable security permissions you configure in the backend system.

objectId is a unique ID assigned to every record in the database. Since users are stored in the database, every user record also gets a unique ID which is represented as objectId.

The standard login process does not create any user records. The only login process that will result in a new record is guest login

User Status depends on the configuration of the backend. When you configure it to require email confirmations for example, the status will reflect that.

1 Like

Okay then. I may have done something wrong when setting up the login process then. Let me see if I can trace my steps and go from there. I’ll reply again with an update.

Thanks.

Update.

I had to cancel the usage of backendless due to the way the login process worked. I couldn’t get adalo “user” functions to work with the backendless database so I could get the login function to work with the Backendless features. The way either one of them works, either adalo or backendless, does not let me use adalo’s login features with the backendless api.

So I have a question. Do I have to pay for the service, or can I wait and pay later if I use it again? I have not added a credit card to my account, so what will happen to my account with backendless?

One more thing to ask. If i set up an account with Bubble.io, will backendless work with bubble? Will it be easier than adalo?

Thanks.

Backendless works with both Adalo and Bubble. Here is a detailed walkthrough of the Adalo integration (including user login):

When the trial expires, your backendless app will lock up until it is switched to a plan. If not switched during a few weeks, the app will be deleted.

I am curious, why won’t you build your UI with Backendless? Why would you be introducing extra complex complexity with additional tools when backendless can do it all?

I did follow the guide, but that is where I got stuck. It seems like for adalo to use the logged in user block function, it has to go through adalo’s user database.

The reason why I didn’t use backendless to build the entire app is mostly because I didn’t even know you guys existed until about a few days ago, and by then, my app had already been on the store for about five months. Plus, I dont know if you guys have IAP’s to go along with your app.

I see that you say that the app will lock up, but what if I’m not using the api? Will it still lock up?

Our guide provides the following instructions:

The object is saved in the BackendlessUser collection, who I believe is different than adalo’s user database.

Yep. But thats the exact problem. Adalo wont let me use my app the way I initially established it.

After I established the backendless database, I could no longer use the adalo “logged in user” function to access the IAP’s of my app. That wasn’t even all that happened. I also found out that anyone could log-in even if they didn’t have an account established with the adalo or backendless database. The timer which I made to be activated and countdown whenever a user bought the credits to increase the time, wouldn’t work, because there was no way that backendless could access the logged in user block from the adalo database, which is the only way the timer would work.

The IAP button also wouldn’t appear, due to there not being a a “logged in user” according to adalo.