Error 8008: Invalid date range for property startDate

Using the REST api to import from a Rails back end by POSTing entities into the Backendless Standalone. Hitting an issue with datetime columns where it returns this 8008 error.
There is no constraint or validator on the column, and I’ve tried several different datetime formats as listed in this post: http://support.backendless.com/t/send-date-in-rest-request
Example:
{
"title": "Some event title",
"startDate": "2014-09-17T13:36:00.000-07:00"
}

Returns

{
"code":8008,
"message":"Invalid date range for property startDate"
}

Hi Chris,

Please try to use next format of DateTime:

{
"title": "Some event title",
"startDate": "09/17/2014 13:36 -0700"
}

Regards, Ilya

This resolved the problem, though it would be helpful if this was documented somewhere. Past topics seem to elude to many different date formats being acceptable, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Hi, Chris!

Here are examples of date formats.

I’m a little confused reading this exchange. I’m having a similar problem to Chris above: I’m trying to use this date format and getting a 8008 response:

2016-07-30T00:00:00.000Z

I’ve tried editing it to match one of the formats Anatollii linked to, but am having no success with similar formats.

Is the solution to only use the format IIya suggests? That would mean the other formats in the link aren’t valid, right? Because the format that Parse returns is the one I’ve referenced above, this will make my migration tasks from Parse to Backendless more difficult and I’m losing some trust with Backendless.

Hi Jeff

An internal ticket has being created for this issue (BKNDLSS-13019)
We will notify here once it’s resolved

Any luck on this? I’m blocked from making more progress migrating to you from Parse.

The internal bug tracking system shows the issue as open.

Thanks Mark. Is it possible for me to follow the issue as well, or strictly internal?

The system is strictly internal at the moment. I will check with the dev team in the morning to get the updated status of the issue.

Hi, Jeff!

We’ve fixed the issue with the date format you specified (2016-07-30T00:00:00.000Z) and it will be available in the nearest release.
You have also mentioned that you had problems with other Date formats specified here. What is the exact format you’ve encountered problems with? Can you show the example Date string you’ve been using?

Hi, Jeff!

The fix has been released. Could you try again please?
regards,
Alex

Date time formats supported by Backendless:
(Please report if you encounter problems with any of these)

EEE MMM dd HH:mm:ss zzz yyyy
yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSS'Z'
MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss 'GMT'z
MM.dd.yyyy HH:mm:ss 'GMT'z
MM-dd-yyyy HH:mm:ss 'GMT'z
MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss z
MM.dd.yyyy HH:mm:ss z
MM.dd.yyyy HH:mm:ss
MM-dd-yyyy HH:mm:ss
MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss
MM.dd.yyyy
MM-dd-yyyy