Error during installation of Backendless PRO

Hello there,
I tried yesterday installing the pro version on a Linux VM. but when the installation is complete i get this error:

Installing 0% ______________ 50% ______________ 100% ######################################## Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not completecorrectly Error running /home/bicho19/backendless/ctlscript.sh start play: child processexited abnormally

Then when i try to start Backendless ( ./ctlscript.sh start ) i get this outputs:

171219 13:18:26 mysqld_safe Logging to ‘/home/bicho19/backendless/mysql/data/mysqld.log’.
171219 13:18:26 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /home/bicho19/backendless/mysql/data
/home/bicho19/backendless/mysql/scripts/ctl.sh : mysql started at port 3306
/home/bicho19/backendless/mongodb/scripts/ctl.sh : mongodb started at port 27017
/home/bicho19/backendless/redis/scripts/ctl.sh : redis started at port 6379
/home/bicho19/backendless/redis/scripts/ctl.sh : debug_redis started at port 7738
/home/bicho19/backendless/apps/backendless/scripts/ctl_play.sh : Play-server could not be started
/home/bicho19/backendless/apps/backendless/scripts/ctl_taskmanager.sh : Taskmanager started
/home/bicho19/backendless/apps/backendless/scripts/ctl_java_coderunner.sh : Java Coderunner started
/home/bicho19/backendless/apps/backendless/scripts/ctl_js_coderunner.sh : JS Coderunner started
Unable to get server status. connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:9000
/home/bicho19/backendless/apps/backendless/scripts/ctl_console.sh : Console started
Syntax OK
/home/bicho19/backendless/apache2/scripts/ctl.sh : httpd started at port 8080

And when trying to access Backendless i get this error too:
Unable to connect to Backendless API Server. Please contact your System Administrator

Hello,
everything works fine for us.

Please check if all services are running and check the “playServer.log” file (<installDir>/apps/backendless/logs/playServer.log)

Regards, Olga

still can’t start Play Server (Play-server could not be started). I’ll try installing it on an another machine and see.

@Olga i am still facing the problem, even i did it on a new machine. i get this error:
Unable to connect to Backendless API Server. Please contact your System Administrator

Hi Hamadi,

What is playServer.log saying?

Regards,
Anton

Here is the complete playServer log file after a fresh install

playSeverLogs.txt (23.63kB)

Did you enter 52.232.59.251 as the IP address during the installation?

Yes i did enter the IP address as shown

Is this the address assigned to the host machine? The one where your VM runs?

Yeah i made sure to it’s the same ip address and a static one too

I think that’s the problem, It must be IP address of the actual VM. The error log shows that the system cannot reach any of the components on the specified IP address.

Why don’t you leave it as 127.0.0.1 ?

If i leave it as 127.0.0.1 will i be able to access the console using the IP address of VM ?

Yes, you should be able to.

Yes it worked, Thanks a lot