Error occurred during template-based email sending

I’ve received several of these error emails this morning -

This is a notification to inform you about the error by your application.The information about the error can be found below.

Application name: MFPortal
Application ID: EEE25B20-17FA-97DD-FF29-EC45A5072A00
Message: Error occurred during email sending. Subject ‘createOrdersOffice errored while trying to process OrderId: 262841’. Recipients [XXXXXXXXXXX].
Exception: Exception reading response

Hello @Tim_Jones

We are investigating the problem

Regards

@Tim_Jones

Is your custom SMTP Server working well? Is the password still valid?

Maybe this will be useful:

Global logger | ERROR | Send custom template 'ShippingAddressNotValidInternal' for ' ash***@mea********.com' was failed : Couldn't connect to host, port: smtp.mandrillapp.com, 587; timeout 30000
2024-01-30 12:13:02,941 | SMTP Logger | ERROR | Error occurred during template-based email sending. Subject 'Invalid Address for Order 26281911'. Recipients [tim@mea********.com]. Email template 'ShippingAddressNotValidInternal' : Couldn't connect to host, port: smtp.mandrillapp.com, 587; timeout 30000
2024-01-30 12:13:02,944 | Global logger | ERROR | Send custom template 'ShippingAddressNotValidInternal' for 'tim@mea********.com' was failed : Couldn't connect to host, port: smtp.mandrillapp.com, 587; timeout 30000
2024-01-30 12:13:02,948 | Global logger | ERROR | Result of sending messages using the template 'ShippingAddressNotValidInternal' totalCount/failedCount:2/2 : Failed emails:

I was able to send this email to myself using our app just now -

So it was a glitch connecting to our mail provider is basically what you’re saying?

Tim

Yeah, Victor means that your business logic tries to connect to SMTP, but that failed for some reason from the SMTP side.

Regards, Dima,

Thanks for the help @viktor.liablin and @Dima!

Tim

I received another error notification email about the same issue.

It is strange I’ve never had these issues before (2 years on BEL and mandrill) but things happen I guess.

Can I get some feedback on my proposed solution to address this possible issue -

Thanks,
Tim

Your decision is good if you want to handle an error while sending an email.

Thanks!

Tim