Error with 'get substring from'

I have the following block-code:

which gives me the following error in dev console:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: sequence.slice is not a function
at subsequenceFirstFromEnd (bundle.js:28:19)

whereas this one works:

I guess you should add an automatic conversion to text if the “in text”-block is used.

Regards,

Hello @Klaas_Klever!

Thanks for the info, but there’s no bug here – it’s working as intended. For converting to text, there’s already a block like the one you’re using in your second example.
However, we’ll discuss with the team about possibly improving error handling in such cases.

Regards,
Alexander

Hi @Alexander_Pavelko,
If I understand the codeless blocks idea right, then it shouldn’t be possible to connect the “get time”-block to the “in-text”-plug. The type mismatch should forbid such a connection, unless you are introducing an automatic type conversion (which I think is the right way to support codeless programmers).

Regards,

Totally agree with you about not allowing these blocks to connect – it’s a great idea.
I’ve created a ticket to implement this improvement, and we’ll let you know in this thread once it’s all set up.

Regards,
Alexander

Hello @Klaas_Klever

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above.

Regards,
Inna

Indeed, I cannot connect the “get time for date”-block to a text-plug anymore. So, job well done :slight_smile:.

However, I can do this:

I know, on the JavaScript level you are using the Date.getTime() function which returns an integer (number of milliseconds since Jan. 1, 1970). So, you may decide whether this combination makes sense for a “block programmer” :wink:

Regards,