Exception during method invocation

Application ID

8056C1A0-9702-3147-FF6C-D3987EDD9500

Expected Behavior

beeing able to register new user

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1.call register methode
2.get success callback and a registered user

Actual Behavior

server returns exception during method invocation while trying to register new user

Please provide a description of what actually happens, working from the same starting point.

Be descriptive: “it doesn’t work” does not describe what the behavior actually is – instead, say “the request returns a 400 error with message XXX”. Copy and paste your logs, and include any URLs.

1.tries to call register method
2.handleFault is called with “exception during method invocation” faultcode “Server.Processing”

Hi @save_kids ,

could you please specify which version of Android SDK do you use?

Stanislaw

Hello,

compileSdkVersion 29
buildToolsVersion “28.0.3”
defaultConfig {
minSdkVersion 19
targetSdkVersion 29
}

implementation ‘com.backendless:backendless:5.0.4’

the device has android 9

Can you update the version of the SDK?

Hello,
I updated the sdk to 30

compileSdkVersion 30
buildToolsVersion “30.0.3”

updated backendless sdk to latest version

implementation ‘com.backendless:backendless:5.0.4’

still I get the same error when trying to register a new user

E/Error: BackendlessFault{ code: ‘Server.Processing’, message: ‘exception during method invocation’, detail: ‘exception during method invocation’, extendedData: ‘{}’ }

Do you use blocking or non-blocking API to register a user?

Hi,
non blocking API call

Backendless.UserService.register(user, new AsyncCallback() {
public void handleResponse(final BackendlessUser registeredUser) {

}

public void handleFault(BackendlessFault fault) {

}
                });

Hello,

Is your app hosted in the US or the EU hosting zone?

Regards,
Mark

North American Cluster

For Extra information, uploading a photo with

Backendless.Files.upload

works properly, and login also works, but updating user information with

Backendless.UserService.update

returns this error

E/Error: BackendlessFault{ code: 'Server.Processing', message: 'unable to adapt parameter to a method argument type. unable to create an instance of com.backendless.persistence.JsonDTO. Default no-argument constructor is required', detail: 'unable to adapt parameter to a method argument type. unable to create an instance of com.backendless.persistence.JsonDTO. Default no-argument constructor is required', extendedData: '{}' }

You mentioned you mentioned you updated to the latest version of Backendless SDK. What version is it in your project?

i am moving now to 6.2.1 and updating the project to see if it will solve the problem

after updating to Backendless sdk 6.1.2 and refactoring project code (push notification) the same error is returned when trying to register a new user

E/Error: BackendlessFault{ code: ‘Server.Processing’, message: ‘exception during method invocation’, detail: ‘exception during method invocation’, extendedData: ‘{}’ }

also updating an existing user now returns the same error above.

Could you share a sample project demonstrating the error? This would help us reproduce it on our end.

Thanks!
Mark

I’ll work on that and get back to you.

I juste have one question please, does money have anything to do with it ? I have 90 backendless bucks in my account right now and I dont know if thats enough to have more data.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you. No, the money or Backendless bucks are irrelevant.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks a lot, for now I am thinking maybe some firebase configuration is the cause, I’ll work on that and see if it helps and post results here, or I’ll try to reproduce it in a sample project and share code.

I appreciate it. Having something that reproduces the error would be very helpful.

Regards,
Mark