Exception from today

Hello, today my service show following exception after many months of running without problem. Is there any issue on Backendless Cloud?

Application ID: 5AC4B4A6-2EF2-2908-FF67-9E59DDDC9600

BackendlessException{ code: 'Internal client exception', message: 'sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target' }
	at com.backendless.Invoker$SyncResponder.errorHandler(Invoker.java:122)
	at com.backendless.core.responder.AdaptingResponder.errorHandler(AdaptingResponder.java:93)
1 Like

I am also in this situation and am having this problem! This is urgent because I have a client looking at my app today!

@Martin_Krajcir, could you please check again? We made a few changes which should resolve the problem.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark. The exception persist unchanged.

What version of Java do you use?

My web app is running on apache-tomcat-7.0.75 with jre1.7.0_80.

you would need to upgrade java to at least 1.8.0_201. All versions of Java prior to that version will show message “PKIX path building failed”. Alternatively, you can try the approach described here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/36427118/544904

Hey Mark, thank you for your help. Does it mean that you changed server certificate for endpoint api.backendless.com ? Your hint helped me and my service is running again. Thank you.

Hi Martin, yes, our current certificate was about to expire and we had to deploy a new one. I am glad your service is running again!

Regards,
Mark