Extracting SQL data from Backendless to feed analytics tool

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to extract data in an SQL format. I know it is feasible in the CSV format, either for the whole database but this has to be done manually, or via the API using the CSV service but this has to be done table by table.

Why am I looking to extract the data ? I am trying to plug an analytics solution such as Metabase, and it does not support querying the Backendless database (which would be the best solution !)

Here are the DB types supported by Metabase :

So what I did was to set up a MySQL database where I plan to replicate most of my production data in order to calculate KPIs and insights.

Right now the path I am looking at is setting up an automated nightly extraction from Backendless to CSV files, writing scripts to reimport the CSV files into the MySQL server (and I found this tricky because null values come out as a null string rather than empty). Anyhow, it seems like a very convoluted and error-prone path. My first though was it would be far simpler if I could get a hand on an SQL export I could simply reimport into my database. But I would gladly take suggestions on how to streamline the whole thing.

Has anyone set up analytic tools based on their Backendless DB ? Whether with Metabase or something else. I just need to be able to have KPIs I can track.

Thanks a lot for your help and support.

Hello @Nicolas_REMY

There is no way to get direct access to the DB for the Cloud version.
However, by having BackendlessPRO or Manage installation you have the entire access to services and infrastructure.

Regards,
Vlad

Hi @vladimir-upirov ,

Thanks for the reply. Indeed I felt that there was no way to connect to the live DB. However, would there be a way to extract the data in a format other than CSV ?

As for the Backendless Pro or Managed, it’s good to know there would be a possibility there. Just out of curiosity, could you provide pricing information ?

Thanks.

Nicolas

at this moment only CSV is available

according to the pricing please contact our sales department by sending an email to sales@backendless.com

1 Like

Would love to hear from sales following my email a week ago. Thanks.

@Nicolas_REMY ,

I asked the sales department and they said that email was send to you last week. Have you received it since 16th Fabruary? If not, please check your spam folder.

Regards, Andriy

Yes, got it at the end of last week. Thanks.