Fetching API and saving data using Codeless

Hi, I am new to backendless and am trying to set up a flow using Codeless. Below are the steps I need to achieve.

1. Fetch a json array from an API daily once
  2. For each item in the array, create a new entry in the data table
  3. This datatable has 3 related fields so need to create those conditionally (create if item does not exist in that datatable)

Can anyone guide me on how I can achieve this?

Hi Anil,

Have you made a pass at it yourself? Please share what you have so far.

Regards,
Mark

So far I haven’t even been able to fetch the data from the API. I am a newbie to codeless logic setup and am not able to follow how to set up the API call. This is what I have tried so far

To start I’d recommend connecting the HTTP/s block directly to the return connector so you can test it. Once you do it, make sure you’re getting a response. That would be step 1. Let me know once you get there and we will move on to the next step

I tried that as well but keep getting this error message. I have run this api in postman and it works fine.

This server could not verify that you\nare authorized to access the document\nrequested. Either you supplied the wrong\ncredentials (e.g., bad password), or your\nbrowser doesn’t understand how to supply\nthe credentials required

That means there is additional information that needs to be passed with headers. This is something that your Postman call does and you need to replicate it in the HTTP/s block.

Thanks.

I tried that as well but it still returns the same error. I confirmed in postman and there are no additional headers being sent apart from content-type.

Here is the same call setup in bubble and it works fine. I am trying to use backendless for data processing since bubble has limitations on running workflows on a large dataset, so I need to find a way to achieve this.

Please send me a direct message with the full url you’re calling