File download get failed frequently

Im trying to use files from backendless.
I have created folder and uploaded pdf file. I was able to download file using download and copy url action buttons. But it’s working sometimes and sometimes not.

This is happening frequently, so is there any issue ?

Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 2.38.33 PM

Hello @Swapnil_G ,
Welcome to our community and thank you for trying out Backendless.

I have not been able to reproduce your problem in my app.
Can you provide steps to reproduce the problem?

Regards, Nazar

@Swapnil_G ,

Can you provide your Application ID so we can take a closer look at your issue?

Regards, Nazar

Thanks @Nazar_Dmytryshyn

I have a feature where user can see some pdf files on clicking link at front-end.
So trying to use “files” and to test that i have uploaded few files under a folder. I was able to download file using public link/download button but now it’s just opening new tab and api shown failed.

I was able ti download it but it’s get failed suddenly.

To reproduce

1. Upload a pdf file to files under any folder (eg: manage_pdf)
  2. Try to download it using download button or copy link icon

I have shared app id to you. Please check your inbox.

Note: Just checked with another account, it’s working there but this account has some issue to download files.

@Swapnil_G ,

Can you provide the error are getting and specify where exactly?

Regards, Nazar

Not getting any error. On clicking download icon it opens a new tab for that file.
Just checked network tab and found that api is getting canceled. PFA

@Swapnil_G ,

Thank you for waiting. You cannot open the file because when you copy and follow the link, the system recognizes you as an unauthorized user.
You need to change the permissions for not authenticated users, then this problem will disappear. All permissions for not authenticated users users in your application are currently disabled. To enable, go to the “Users - Security Roles - NotAuthenticatedUser” section and change the permission.

You can also change permissions for individual files in the file system.

Regards, Nazar

But Im trying to download file from backendless platform itself after login to it. Also tested as per your suggestion by changing permission to ‘grant all’ for non-authenticated users. Still facing same issue.

Created new app for same account without any permission changes(all permissions are default)
And uploaded new file under ‘invoices’ folder. But issue is still there

Steps:

1. Go to ‘Files’ → create new folder → Upload any pdf file.
  2. On succesfull upload → Click download icon
  3. It will open new tab with message ’ This site can’t be reached’

This is my fresh app id: ECF368E2-7FA6-A189-FFE0-D7CB3F9D4A00

@Swapnil_G ,

Can you show the error that you have in “Details” on the “This site can’t be reached” page?

Regards, Nazar

yes sure PFA

Hello @Swapnil_G

I am not able to reproduce your issue, I was able to download a pdf file from your application. So check your internet connection and make sure you are not using VPN, or if use VPN, make sure that it works correctly

It’s not working for old account and when i signup with new account and created project, its working for new one on same system (same browser/os/not using vpn)

Hello @Swapnil_G, I have taken your application id and was able to download the file.

Please provide a URL that fails, so I can reproduce the issue.