File listing and Permissions

I’m using the JS API Backendless.Files.listing(). I noticed that the returned list of files is not affected by any permissions assigned to the files. This means a user can “see” a file although he has no read permission to open/download it.

Not sure whether to call it a bug, but at least I wish I had an option to exclude all files from the listing result set for which there is no read permission.

Regards,

Hello @Klaas_Klever

Thank you for your suggestion. I have created a discussion(BKNDLSS-30053) about it, and we will notify you if that will be implemented.

Regards, Dima.

Hi @Dima ,
Interestingly, this outdated documentation shows that there once was a permission setting for “listing”:

Regards,

Hi @Klaas_Klever

At the moment there is no separate permission for listing files. We will discuss this and if the implementation allows us to enable this feature without affecting performance, it will be implemented

Regards,
Viktor

hello @Klaas_Klever

we will not return the listing permission, because the file system does not have such permission.
So there is only permission to read. Read a file to get the content of the file or read a folder to listening all inside folder.

Good to know. I need to work around this then.
Thanks