File Service - API Calls

Hi everyone, I’m testing a new app just very simple to upload videos and make a process in the middle.

I just upload 4 videos one by the button interface and the others directly by drop into the file folder. But I found this crazy numbers any conclusion why?

The app it’s not yet publish and I just looking if the page it’s working not 984 downloads can be performed.

I found this info looking why I found this message:
{“code”:996,“message”:“Maximum request per day limit has been reached for the app. To increase the rate limit move your app on the paid plan.”,“errorData”:{}}

API ID: 3F88D5BC-C072-411D-88AE-EA90A3A24606
Thanks, Mario

Hi Mario,

We will investigate what happened there. The app is on the Free plan and it would not allow that many calls to happen. We will let you know what we find.

Mark

Hi @Mario_Ghersi,

We have released a fix for the issue described above. Unfortunately, we cannot modify already added records in Analytics. Therefore, the values were not changed for previous dates. But as of this date, API calls for the file upload service will be counted correctly. Please take a look at the behavior and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Marina

I have a similar issue. I have some pictures in my files, but I do not remember making this many calls. My preview is now locked and I can no longer test my app while building.

If I preview my app I get this error:
{“code”:996,“message”:“Maximum request per day limit has been reached for the app. To increase the rate limit move your app on the paid plan.”,“errorData”:{}}

APP ID: BF07EF17-F9B5-DC25-FF43-CC3C042E7500

Looks like you have reached your daily limit. It will be cleared by tomorrow.

Keep in mind that when you run a preview, it will set a cookie for 30 minutes. The cookie removes any file requests from billing. Once the cookie expires, you get an error informing you about it. However, if you reload the page without the cookie, the file download requests will be accounted for.

Regards,
Mark

I understand I have reached a daily limit. I just don’t know how that could happen. While doing missions, I previewed and tested various calls much more than today.

I simply want to understand what causes it. I only have a few files, and I am only testing. I can’t imagine how many calls will there be with more users. I need to find out if I have set anything in the wrong way so I can fix it and make the calls more managable. Can you help me with that?

I see you have several pages in UI Builder. How do you run these pages? Do you use only the preview mode? Or perhaps load the pages differently?

I only run pages in preview for each page, one at a time, depending on which I am working on.

Hi Miro,

I was able to reproduce the problem. It appears that with the Preview function, the hourly limit can be exceeded however, the daily limit of the calls in the free plan is still enacted. I am writing up a ticket for the development team to fix it. Thank you so much for pointing out this problem. With the weekend starting now, I suspect the fix will be done early next week.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like