File upload button: not working when repeating upload

When trying to upload the very same file a second time using the File upload button UI component, the system is doing nothing. To reproduce, just repeat a file upload with the very same filename without refreshing the page in between.
Regards,

Hello @Klaas_Klever

So you’re trying to upload a file in a folder where it already exists? If so, this is the expected behaviour because the file already exists.

Regards,
Inna

But what if the file content has changed? I do want to upload it a second time …

What’s more: I’m changing the filename in the “File Name Logic”. When repeating the upload, this event is not processed.

If you want to replace the file, delete the old file if it already exists and upload a new one. Or change the file name.

Please provide your APP and please tell us the name of the page where we can find the logic you describe

Regards,
Inna

In my opinion, this does not make sense. When configuring the Upload Button Component, I have the option to choose “Overwrite Files”. That’s exactly what I want to do.

AppID 5BDF0E64-9F03-6F8E-FF75-0E183AF61100, page recipes-detail
There is one upload button there …
Thanks

Hello @Klaas_Klever

I just checked in your app and uploaded the same file several times. I did not encounter any errors. Can you let me know if the problem is current at this time?

Regards,
Inna

Hi @Inna_Shkolnaya :
I just checked it again. If I upload file X.jpg it first works fine. When immeadiately repeating the upload of the same file X.jpg, the upload button seems to be non-functional (I can select a file with the file selection dialog, but then nothing happens). It just is doing nothing. Also, it seems that the coding for File Name Logic is not processed the second time. Then, uploading a file Y.jpg works again. When repeating the upload of Y.jpg right after, the button is again non-functional until I’m uploading a file with a different name.
Can you reproduce this?
Regards,

@Klaas_Klever

Thanks for the details. Now I was able to reproduce. The internal BKNDLSS-24482 ticket has been created. We will let you know as soon as the problem is fixed. This may be a temporary workaround for you, but if you download the same file from different directories, this problem does not reproduce.

Regards,
Inna

Hello @Klaas_Klever

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Inna

Yes! It’s working for me now.
Thanks