General Understanding Check: Creating Forms with Conditional Logic

Hi, I just want to make sure my high level understanding of how to make a form with conditional logic is correct and that I’m not missing a more elegant solution.

To make a form with conditional logic:

• Create a normal page
  • Add the form component to it
  • Manually add any questions and their layout to the form component using UI builder as normal
  • To create conditional logic: set visibility logic on certain questions or groups of questions based on responses to prior questions
  • Responses are stored into the “form” data model by default
  • If needed, write codeless logic to store responses into specific database fields as appropriate on submit
  • Create Codeless logic to redirect to a thank you page, create a popup, or take any other appropriate action on-submit

Is this the general flow that I should plan on or is there a more elegant/scalable way to build forms, perhaps referencing a database table, imported CSV, or some other strategy?

Apologies in advance if I’ve missed an obvious tutorial video or post on this subject. I’ve searched for both and only found high level form examples.

Thanks!

Hi, @James_Hereford

Everything looks correct, except for storing responses in the “form” data model, you need to do it yourself for each additional element of the form.

Please let us know if you have any difficulties at any stage, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Serhiy

Great. Thanks for the confirmation!