Hive / Redis Roadmap Question

Hi I was just doing some research on Redis and I just realized it was a multi-modal db with graph db features and more. Are there any plans to add that type of redis graph db support among others to Codeless blocks?

Now I’m also curious as to what type of DB is the backendless db itself. Is it also multi-modal?

what type of DB is the backendless db itself

It’s relational DB based on MySQL.

Are there any plans to add that type of redis graph db support among others to Codeless blocks

As I know in the nearest future - no. But we hope that Hive will become a popular feature, and when all already planned features will be done with Hive, we could look into things that you propose.

Regards, Dima.

Hi Dima,

Just to confirm, if we are going to integrate graphs into our application then Hive/Redis at Backendless will not be the solution, right? Or is it just that Backendless will not have the blocks to support Hive/Redis?

I’m considering creating a React app using Redis on the backend and then embeding a page from that app into our backendless app. Could I just use your Redis instead of mine?

@George_Padvorac , we do not expose Redis “as-is” with all the functionality it has. Instead, we provide some API that uses Redis internally. Hive is an example of that API.

Mark