how can i insert a row of data into an entity in backendless from vb.net? I am new to backendless

I have created a table in my backendless application named “tbl_test” .it consists of columns ID,NAMe,etc.

now I need to insert and retrieve from this table from my vb.net application.
backendless reference dll already added. backendless.initapp() also entered…
please help me out in this problem as I am very much new to the backendless

Hello,

I am not that good with VB, here’s an example with C#:

To insert a data object into a table called “Contact” you would do the following:

Dictionary<string, object> contact = new Dictionary<string, object>();
contact[ "name" ] = "Jack Daniels";
contact[ "age" ] = 147;
contact[ "phone" ] = "777-777-777";
contact[ "title" ] = "Favorites";
Backendless.Data.of( "Contact" ).Save( contact );

To load objects from “Contact”, you do this:

BackendlessCollection data = Backendless.Data.of( "Contact" ).Find();

Regards,
Mark

Thanks Dear…

It helped me… Thanks Alot…

Thanks Dear…

It helped me in inserting data … Thanks Alot…

But How can I load objects from backendless??? please suggest me

The following API returns a collection of data objects from the specified data table:
BackendlessCollection data = Backendless.Data.of( “Contact” ).Find();

Please suggest me to retrieve a data from a backendless entity and display in a msgbox or textbox in vb.net or c#… as I am new to this backendless Please help me out. From the above answer I couldnt reach my target. please help me out

A backendless entity is either a .NET Dictionary or a custom class that you wrote. Getting data from dictionary or an object would work the same way if that object or dictionary didn’t come from backendless.

Are you able to load data back from the server? Can you see it in a debugger?

can I get a data using backendlessdataquery?

I am not able to load data back from the server… That is the thing I need right now… How we can load data back from server… ?

Hi Riayz,

Yes, you can use BackendlessDataQuery to retrieve the data with conditions.

Do you receive any errors?

Hi Sergey,

I really dont know how to use BackendlessDataQuery… Please advice me with an example.

You can refer to .NET documentation examples, I suppose. Especially, here you can find an example using BackendlessDataQuery: https://backendless.com/documentation/data/dotnet/data_search_and_query.htm