How do email confirmation pages work?

I’m looking at the system container in UI Builder I’ve noticed there are at least four email confirmation related pages: confirmation-confirmed, confirmation-failed, confirmation-expired and confirmation-disabled.

While I’ve been able to successfully edit the templates, I haven’t found any documentation explaining how the logic behind these pages work. What event(s) trigger(s) these pages? I’d like to understand what leads to a confirmation failed or disabled. There is a confirmation expired page, but I haven’t found any information about how long does the confirmation link last for or whether it is possible to change this duration. Some other questions I have:

• What’s the default URL shown for these pages to the end user? Can it be changed? How?
  • The template for confirmation-disabled says “User was turned off”. What does that mean?
  • Is it possible to publish only certain pages? I’m not interested in my users seeing the default login, landing, etc.
  • Does the button in the confirmation-expired page already works? I can certainly add my own logic, I’m just not clear whether it already comes with it!

Thanks!

What’s the default URL shown for these pages to the end user? Can it be changed? How?

https://backendlessappcontent.com/{app_id}/{api_key}/files/web/system/index.html - default url
If you want to change it, you should use a custom domain and publish the container in a directory with another name.
For example, vanity.domains | homepage - that how can look at your URL after changing domain and publishing place.

The template for confirmation-disabled says “User was turned off”. What does that mean?

Here we have some information about that - link

• Does the button in the confirmation-expired page already works? I can certainly add my own logic, I’m just not clear whether it already comes with it!

No, for now, this page hasn’t logic. But you can use this block:
UPD: This page has logic for reconfirmation, I just don’t found it. Look at Form logic.

What event(s) trigger(s) these pages?
Registration event with this enabled switch trigger email sending.

There is a confirmation expired page, but I haven’t found any information about how long does the confirmation link last for or whether it is possible to change this duration.

The confirmation token this link contains be alive for 10 days, and this is couldn’t be changed.

Regards, Dima.

1 Like

Hi @Dima, thanks for clarification. Is there a specific reason as to why the token expiration cannot be changed from 10 days? Not a big deal, although it does seem a bit too long. In any case, is there a way to have the user record deleted automatically after the token expires?

Just a quick note on your answer, digging deeper into the confirmation-expired page I can see the following logic attached to the form component. Does this already send the confirmation email as entered in the input?

Is there a specific reason as to why the token expiration cannot be changed from 10 days?

During the development, we selected the optimal time period. And in the future, if there are requests from users, we will add a setting for it. Would such a feature be useful to you?

is there a way to have the user record deleted automatically after the token expires?

For now - no. But you could write your own logic, what can do it, using timers.

Does this already send the confirmation email as entered in the input?

Yes, it is.

Regards, Dima.

Yes, it would be useful for us to be able to change the token expiration to whatever suits us at the moment. In this case, 10 days feel a bit too long, we would have probably prefer 24 hours.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi there. I believe that it might be a good idea to add here a bit more info regarding those pages:
In my app, the admin is inviting users. Users get an “email confirmation link” and can access the confirmation-confirmation page.

My question: does the confirmation-confirmation page knows who clicked the button? Is there any way to get the user email address?

Hi @Arkadiusz_Kumpin

as far as I know there is in the link only token so there is no way to the user email on the client side