How do I cancel my plan without deleting my app?

I am on the Cloud 99 plan and I need to cancel that plan for a while without deleting my app completely. I don’t see a way of accomplishing that. The springboard plan is locked out for me because of the “missions” stuff that was added a while back. How do I accomplish this?

The only way to avoid billing is to switch the app to the Springboard plan. To unlock the plan you need to purchase Springboard shortcut from the marketplace. There is a one time $50 charge for that. Please keep in mind that apps on the Springboard plan cannot be used for production purposes since the SuperScaling feature is not available there.

Regards,
Mark

Mark, can you please explain to me why I have to buy a shortcut to unlock the springboard plan? This seems like an arbitrary thing put in place. I was using Backendless way before the whole “missions” thing came along and even tho I had already accomplished all the stuff lined out in those “mission” I would have to do all that stuff again to unlock it.

You know what, never mind. I’ll just delete the app completely. It’s not worth it.

Just for the closure and benefit of others - you do not have to buy Springboard shortcut, you can unlock the Springboard plan by going through missions. If you already done that before, that is great, you will be able to execute tasks only faster.

Regards,
Mark

Mark, what I am getting at is, the “Missions” are stupid!! Really really stupid. And the fact that you have a pay wall to side step them is greedy as hell. Which is why I am just going to hop over to Azure, which is more expensive but at least they don’t have this amateur, gameified “missions” garbage.

1 Like