How to Import Parent Table with Already Existing Child Table Relationships

I have two already existing tables. The parent has a 1-to-1 relationship column pointing to the child table. I am trying to import data into the parent which contains a column with valid existing objectIds in the child. Every attempt at defining the column in the parent import csv that I have tried fails with an error similar to:

7 17:35:48 IMPORT_DATA Import of tables failed: Column type mismatch in table ‘routes’. Database column type ‘RELATION’. Column type in file ‘STRING’.
8 17:35:48 IMPORT_DATA Importing failed. Exception:java.lang.RuntimeException: Column type mismatch in table ‘routes’. Database column type ‘RELATION’. Column type in file ‘STRING’.

I have tried strings, STRING_IDs, and have also tried letting the server guess at the column values since it has the name of the column and knows it is a data relation. All fail.

I found a support topic from 2015 that says to include both tables in a zip. Is this still true? I really don’t see how I could do this. The child table is pointed to other table relations as well. I am trying to recreate a database from another system a little bit at a time - I can’t recreate the entire thing in one zip file. How do you import parent records with pointers to child records, please?

Thank you,
Kelly

Hello @Kelly_Oglesby

We will be happy to assist you.

I found a support topic from 2015 that says to include both tables in a zip. Is this still true?

Yes, it is true.

I really don’t see how I could do this.

Create schema in Backedless Console → Data section. Then add some data. Make an export. Open zip file and you will see the structure that we are expecting.

Thank you, Sergey, but I’m not allowed to export. “This functionality is not available in the current plan.”

I understand that all of the related tables are supposed to be represented in the csv files with the relationships. I was hoping to add them incrementally, and use your generated objectIds as input to tables added later. Since I can’t do that, I have changed my plans accordingly.