How to logout one user in REST Console?

How do I logout a particular user in the REST Console? I think I did this during Missions but I can’t remember how

Hello @Nkekere_Tommy_Minimann,

You can use the same button you used to login:

Regards,
Olha

Sorry I didn’t specify that I want to logout the user from my app, NOT the REST Console. In the users table I have an integer field called Rating, if I update this field from the REST console the change is not reflected in my app because the user is already logged in (this is so because of the way I implemented this feature). I need to manually logout the user from the app so that when they log in again the change/update will be reflected in the app.

In case you want to logout current using API, please use this method.

In case you want logout the specific user (not the current one), the only thing I can advise you is to logout all users from the Users->Login tab (all of them should then login again).

Also I can suggest you to use our Real Time functionality - it will be possible to update user’s rating in real time without logging out.

final EventHandler usersTableRealTime = Backendless.Data.of( “Users” ).rt();
usersTableRealTime.addUpdateListener( “username = '” + currentUser(App.getInstance())+"’ and rating > 0", new AsyncCallback()
{
@Override
public void handleResponse(@NonNull Map updatedUser )
{
int rating = Integer.parseInt(Objects.requireNonNull(updatedUser.get(“rating”).toString()));
tinyDB(getBaseContext()).putInt(“currentUser.rating”, rating);
Log.d(getClass().getName(),“Rating Updated by RT to :”+rating);
}

@Override
        public void handleFault( BackendlessFault fault )
        {
            Log.e( "MYAPP", "An error has occurred - " + fault.getMessage() );
        }
    } );

This is my code
The Listener wasnt called
I updated the users table via the REST console and not with SDK could this be the reason?

What is the result of currentUser(App.getInstance())?

It returns the current logged in user as returned from the user’s table. This is the username field. For example ‘tester’

Hello @Nkekere_Tommy_Minimann,

currentUser(App.getInstance()) returns the entire logged in user object, so this is not just a username string.
In order to get username from the user’s object you should do something like the following:

“username = '” + currentUser(App.getInstance()).getProperty("username")+"'"

Regards,
Stanislaw

currentUser(Context context) is my own function, it’s not a network call. it returns just the username string. This string was stored in sharedprefs during login for easy access. currentUser(this) just retrieves that string from sharedprefs

Hello @Nkekere_Tommy_Minimann

I was able to reproduce the problem. I opened a ticket (BKNDLSS-26538) for the team to investigate and fix the problem.

Thank u very much. Inform me via this thread when it has been fixed.

What is the status of this ticket (BKNDLSS-26538)?

Hi, @Nkekere_Tommy_Minimann

Unfortunately the ticket is not ready yet, I have raised the priority for it, as soon as it is ready and updates are available we will let you know about it in this topic.

Regards,
Marina

What is the status of this ticket?

Sorry, but it’s not ready yet

We apologize for the long wait. We have just updated the cloud servers with a fix for the problem you described above. Could you please let us know if the fix works for you?

Regards,
Inna