How to send RT message with headers

i cant find any info in the documentation for the block “Send RT Channel Command”.

how can i send a message with some header value so i can create a licenser with filter in the UI Builder.

Hello @mohammad_altoiher

The Send RT Channel Command block sends a message to the channel and everyone who is subscribed to Commands receives it.
There are no ability to filter command types, here is an example:

then what is the block that send a message with a header so i can filter them on the client?

I assume you are talking about the Publish a Pub/Sub Message block:

1 Like

Thanks!
i was looking in the Real Time API section

shouldn’t this be there :grinning:

When using the Send RT Channel Command I have tried to change the channel but it doesn’t work.

If I want to send messages for different purposes how can I send via a different channel and also what are the different channel commands and how do they affect what I am doing?

Hi @Chad_Wyatt

When using the Send RT Channel Command I have tried to change the channel but it doesn’t work.

it should not, because sending command is just designed for exchanging commands between different clients, it means client1 send a command and client2, client3, clientX receive the command, of course if they were subscribed for that

If I want to send messages for different purposes how can I send via a different channel

just send messages to different channels

Regards, Vlad

Thanks Vladimir…

So I have tried different channels but it only works when it is set to default

Is there a specific format for defining channels ie ‘channel-1’ ?

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 8.56.06 pm

I have tried this but I get nothing, and infact on the send side it doesn’t run any logic after the sent RT command action

I have also tried the Pub/Sub listeners and I can’t get them to work at all.

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 8.58.50 pm

Note: I tried the Pub/Sub “Publish Action” without the ’ in the create object

does this ’ channel-1 ’ channel exist?

Right, I have to create the channel :person_facepalming:

could you please provide a page where we can try it?

one minute

1 Like

https://elatedtwist.backendless.app/api/files/ui-builder/containers/default/index.html?page=testrecieve

https://elatedtwist.backendless.app/api/files/ui-builder/containers/default/index.html?page=test2

I have an example of both Pub/Sub and the RT Command

Any ideas?

try to change header-x to headerX

commands seems like work

Still couldn’t see command working but I got Pub/Sub working with your recommendation above…

This will suit my purpose. Is there any difference in speed or volume Pub/Sub vs Command??

Can these messages be sent from a codebase outside of Backendless?

how do you check it?

I assume there is no difference