How to use "Replace Item in List"?

We would like to replace an item in a list… and with a few logic blocks, we can achieve that. But there is an interesting logic block “Replace Item in List” that sounds like just the thing — if only we could figure out how to use it!

The Codeless documentation has nothing on it. Can someone explain what should go into “Item” and what should go into “Comparator”?

Hello @Alex_Klein

Here you could see an example of how it should works:

The major trick is - that block is needed to replace objects in a list of objects, where compactor is a property of the item(object), and item is a replacer.

As for documentation, thx for point it, we will add it in nearest future.

Ah, I see now — thank you! This is quite a useful block that simplifies our logic quite a bit :grinning:

My general suggestion is that Backendless should invest a bit more in the documentation for Codeless, UI Builder, etc. The tutorials on YouTube are great… but of course with video it’s not possible to find particular items or specific functions using a search. So this support forum is currently our main source of “how to” information, whenever we have a question about something we search the forum first. This works ok, and the very patient & quick answers by the Backendless Team are awesome. But having an up-to-date and complete set of searchable docs would be super. Just my thoughts :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well said, Alex. Actually, any backlog for a development team should contain a documentation item.

1 Like

100% agree. I am 8 hours behind most of the BE team. When I’m working and encounter a question, I want a resource to consult immediately. Good documentation is so important, even as awesome as the BE team is.

I guarantee you the moment we have the most brilliant and exhaustive documentation posted, there will be a comment saying “I do not want to read all of this, where is the video that shows X, Y and Z???”…