I get FAULT = '0' [Task execution is aborted due to timeout] very often when request data from table using business logic

You can look at the logs. Today several times the method did not work due to the fact that the execution time was more than 5 seconds. This error is not repeated the first time and not only in this application. Do you think that it does not matter if the application sometimes works sometimes not? Why do you even specify the time limit for the execution of the method, if you have a random variable?

With the same parameters with the same data, the execution time of the method differs by several times. How do I plan backendless work then?

yes, I have saw it, there are 3 timeouts, that’s why I’ve asked you to provide us a curl of the requests to reproduce the issue

I absolutely agree with you, but before solving any problem we have to be able to reproduce it, currently we can not see any issues on our servers

Your Invocation Limit is 5 seconds and I think it’s quite enough for Free Plan. The invocation time can not be the same each time, it’s related of current load

You can contact us to sales@backendless.com and discuss a way for migration on Backendless Pro or Manage

Regards, Vlad

You write: “Your Invocation Limit is 5 seconds and I think it’s quite enough for Free Plan. The invocation time can not be the same each time, it’s related of current load”. Can this time be changed several times? I’m not talking about small changes. In this case, the time differed by more than 3 times. Then I repeat: maybe another, more constant parameter can be used for limiting? Since the runtime on Backendless cannot be called a constant value even very approximate.

If such instability is on a free plan, how can I be sure of stability on a Backendless Pro? Pay for constantly appearing some same bugs?

Backendless Pro is installing on your own servers, and you can configure the server without any limits

That is the fact that now on the free plan it is impossible to understand whether the method will be executed or will give an error, is this normal? So it was, is and will be? And you will not solve it in any way? Who does not like pay. Fine! I understand if I need to pay for exceeding the limit, and not for the fact that the limit is unknown. Why, then, is the implementation of custom methods done in free terms? Would write in the documents immediately: “The work of even simple custom methods will depend on the server load and do not use them on the free tariff plan.”

The root issue of the topic related to DNS issue, and it has been fixed. Todays problem seems is not related to DNS, that’s why I’ve asked to provide us a curl to figure out what’s going on and what was the reason of those timeouts.

That is the fact that now on the free plan it is impossible to understand whether the method will be executed or will give an error, is this normal?

do you experience any timeouts now?

Now the error does not repeat, but I am almost sure that it will be again. Because the limit changes for reasons beyond the control of the my project.

it should work fine with your current limit, in case if you see the timeout again please let us know and we will investigate the problem

just want to clarify, if your code takes roughly 2 seconds at the first call it should always take the same time +/- some minor time