Image processor, reduce image file size

Hi,
Can i use the image processor to reduce the image file size for every upload to backendless database?
I want every users image that is uploaded from my app to backendless to be compressed to a smaller file size, not image size.
Is this possible with the image processor or do you have other tools for this?

Regards,
Magnus

Hello @Magnus_Josefsson

If we talk about enabling this as an option by default - unfortunately no.
But you could attach an Image Processor for every place where needed to process images.

Regards, Dima.

I was thinking like this:

1. app users upload a image from the app.
  • example: a 1920x1080 6mb image.
  1. Backendless servers compress that image.
  • from say…6mb to 1.5mb but still has the 1920x1080 format.

The app user dont have to anything with the image to reduce the image file size.
Can i set up the Backendless to do this for every image that are uploaded to Backendless from the mobile app?

Is this possible?

Regards,
Magnus

Ohh, sorry for this misunderstanding.

At this moment we haven’t out-of-the-box solutions for this. But you could try to use external API services for this.

Also, it’s not the first ask for this possibility, and we already have a ticket for that(BKNDLSS-24340). I have increased the priority of this task and we will notify you when it will be implemented.

Regards, Dima.

Thanks Dima!

Hi, @Magnus_Josefsson

We have added the required functionality for image compression. You can find this functionality by installing Image Processor API Service (Marketplace → API Services).
The required method is called compress. You need to specify the source image_path and quality - an integer accepting values from 1 to 100. The value is the number of percent by which the image will be compressed.
This service allows you to manipulate images in many different ways. These include changing the resolution, cropping, rotating, and other basic functions.
Give it a try! We hope it’s exactly what you’ve been waiting for.

Regards,
Marina