Import from CSV stalling at initializing columns

I’m trying to import some data from a csv file. The Import function recognises the column types but when I click on ‘finalize’ the import stalls (from the log, it gets to “Initializing colummns” and then does nothing more. Nothing else appears in the logs (after waiting several hours).

For reference it’s a data table with 41 rows of 9 columns (mostly strings, but one relation) (so tiny).

The table already exists - so it should just be adding data to it.

I"m working on the backendless website in Chrome.

the Application ID is E992D43D-80B8-7FC7-FF64-59C70E98FE00

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this?

Oli

Hi Oli,

Could you please either attach your CSV file to this topic or send it directly to us via email (support@backendless.com)? If you decide to send by email, please make sure to include a link to this topic so we can cross-reference it.

Regards,
Mark

[https://backendlessappcontent.com/E992D43D-80B8-7FC7-FF64-59C70E98FE00/D562585F-49A5-491B-A845-305CA65B3561/files/import/EuroCountrySongs.csv]

(This is the second version where i removed the relationship column just in case it was that which was messing things up)

ps. don’t judge me on the contents of the csv!

I just imported it into my app and got the results right away:

Ok - so do you have any idea why it might continually fail in my app?

I recommend deleting the EuroCountrySongs table from your database first and then re-running the import.

(thanks for helping btw)

Cool - I’ll do that - once it lets me again (at the moment it’s huffy - I get a red notification saying “I’m already importing stuff - back off” (I’m paraphrasing) )

Oli

It should eventually timeout… please let me know if it is still stuck in a few hours.

Regards,
Mark

Hey Mark - it worked fine importing as a new table. Do you know why it didn’t work importing into an existing table?

I suspect there were some conflicting columns in the table you had in the database at the time when you were starting an import. The conflict was between the columns identified in the CSV and the actual schema.

Cheers for the help