Importing Parse data error, "Data too long for column"

Hi,

I’m trying to import my Parse data and I’m getting an Import_Data Error: “Data too long for column” on a few rows of data.
Parse had allowed for very long String and text data.
Any suggestions on how to get my data imported?

TIA,

jb

Hi Gary,

Could you please email the zip file from Parse’s export to support@backendless.com so we can investigate the problem?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Here’s the zip file.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Gary

06a24ddd-17e4-428c-a887-fcf070413592_1455573241_export.zip (1.45MB)

Hi Gary!
Could you try it again?
Note:

1. several columns “allfavorites” contain more than 22000 symbols (error “Data too long for column” is expected).
  2. not forget to change user identity (select username as identity) before to start import operation.
    Regards,
    Kate.

Hi,

I still get the same errors “Data truncation: Data too long for column”.

I don’t understand what I’m suppose to do regarding #2.

Gary

Gary,

The current implementation does not handle long property values yet - we are working on adding support for it.

As for (2), what Kate meant was open the schema for the Users table and make sure the “username” user property is selected as “identity”.

Regards,
Mark

OK. Thanks for the clarification on #2.

Any timeframe on long property values being supported?

Thank you,

Gary

Gary,

We release a roll-up of updates weekly. The next one is scheduled for next Tuesday. It is likely that support for long values will be in it.

Regards,
Mark

Great, I look forward to trying it out.

Thank you,

Gary

Hi,

I just tried importing my zip file from Parse into my Backendless account and I’m still getting:
IMPORT_DATA Error inserting row for table … Data truncation: Data too long for column.

I’ve attached the zip file.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Gary

06a24ddd-17e4-428c-a887-fcf070413592_1461158162_export.zip (1.46MB)

Sometimes we get an error when we try to delete a File or a folder for no reason , but of course there is a reason.We have many damage file or blocked files.Do not worry if we want to remove the error files or too long path files from our system,here I suggest a smooth way.So use “Long path tool” software and keep yourself.