Insta clone: end to end flow?

Hi, I’m struggling to make sense of how the Insta Clone blueprint example works.

I cannot find a way to map all the way from new db columns through to front end text fields. Presumably I’m missing something in the 500 line posts.js code?
Ideally I’d like to be able to add additional fields e.g to add metadata tags to Posts. Suggestion, perhaps you could provide an end-to-end video tutorial on how to do, that would tie the whole process together? thanks.

Hi @luke_martin

Could you please provide a piece of code where you want to add these new columns?

Hi, Thank you for helping. Preferably I didn’t want to write any code! But unfortunately, unless I’ve really misunderstood, the Insta Clone Blueprint app relies on posts.js. ?

Let’s say I want to add a second ‘description’ field to the UI, ‘description2’ that behaves the same as the existing ‘description’ field. How do I do that? Let’s take the first part:
-BE: add new string column ‘description2’ to Posts table
-BE: add ‘description2’ to posts.js: there are 5 uses of ‘description’ (one seems to be a reserved word near line175?)
-FE: addPosts page: duplicate ‘Image Description’ Text Area
-FE: addPosts page : Value Logic = description2

Then Preview, upload an image + description + description 2. In the db description2 is not populated.

posts.js is an API Service for serving Posts with additional data such as Likes/Comments/etc

make sure you set up data-binding for the new description2 field
https://backendless.com/docs/uibuilder/ui_data_binding.html

I can recommend you take a look at the video guides