Integrate a blueprint into an existing app

The current method for integrating a Blueprint into an existing app is to create a new app and move it to the existing. This functionality is disabled on a trial app and I don’t see why it should be required to pay for a temporary app that will exist for a matter of minutes to accomplish this.

Is there a way to get around this?

Hi @Mark_Cockfield

Yes, there is no way to export apps on the trial billing plan.
However, you can manually transfer Files/Data/etc from one app to another one.

Regards,
Vlad

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the reply. I don’t see an option to manually transfer; the only options are export/import and sync changes, none of which are available on a trial billing plan.

Mark

what kind of data do you want to transfer from the blueprint app?

Everything, I want to install a blueprint into an existing app.

blueprint is a completed application with its own data schema, files structure, ui-builder app, permissions and so on.

So if you want to transfer everything it sounds like you want the entire app.
Which should be quite fair to developing using the blueprint app instead of transferring it

That is correct. There are several topics in the forum that recommend the approach to integrating a blueprint into an existing app is to create a new app for the blueprint and sync it to the existing app. I am not able to do this using a trial billing plan for the temporary new app. As I said in the original post on this topic I don’t see why I should have to pay for a temporary app to accomplish this.

I see, but our policy doesn’t allow to export apps on the trial, because it allows customers to develop apps being on trial always, which is not good for our business

So, the only way to transfer data for free it’s doing it manually:

• manually replicate all data tables
  • download/upload files (UI-Builder/etc)
  • clone API Services
  • so on

Okay, to be clear on expectations:

1. I can create an app using the Plumber Blueprint.
  2. I can update it to the Cloud 9 plan for $35.mo.
  3. I can sync it to my existing Springboard plan where I am developing other functionality without impacting any of that development.
  4. I can then delete the Cloud 9 plan.
  5. I will have accomplished my objective.

Is this a valid approach? I want to verify that none of the existing development will be impacted by syncing a new app into it.

Hello @Mark_Cockfield

1. I can sync it to my existing Springboard plan where I am developing other functionality without impacting any of that development.

you can not sync to the application on the Springboard plan. Sync is available only between paid plans.