iOS Push Notification Device Registration

Hi All
I have created a flutter app that uses Backendless and it works fine. I have added the push notification functionality, I followed the instructions for Android and my test devices register and can receive push notifications perfectly.
I cannot get my iOS version to register a device though, I have followed the instructions (several times) on how to set up the certificates and add them to the Backendless console but still no luck.

Just in case it was something in my code I downloaded and built the example push notifications app from the Code Generator and it still doesn’t work for iOS. I appreciate it isn’t easy to troubleshoot remotely but can anyone point me in the right direction for things I need to check?

Thanks

Hello @Ross_Coombe1,

Do you experience issues with registering your device in Backendless or with receiving push notifications?
Do you receive any errors while trying to register device?

Regards,
Olha

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
My issue is with registering the device. When I run the example app on an Android device, the default page opens, the registration happens in the background then the “Device Registered” message appears in the middle of the page. Works fine for Android.

With iOS the page opens, I get prompted the standard “This app would like to send you notifications, Allow - Deny”. I click Allow but then nothing happens. The “Device Registered” message doesn’t appear and there are no extra devices registered in my console.

I have followed the instructions (several times) on how to set up the certificates and add them to the Backendless console

Have you added the certificate to your Flutter project? It is also a necessary step. E.g. you can do it by opening the ios/Runner.xcworkspace in the Xcode and setting Bundle ID in the General tab:

I assume other IDEs also have this settings.
Anyway, I’ve created an internal ticket BKNDLSS-26261 for our Flutter dev.

Regards,
Olha

Hi
So there must have been something, maybe typo. I’ve now managed to get the device registered, on both the example app and my own app which is brilliant. Thank you for your quick support, much appreciated.

Now I’ve got my iOS device registered and showing in the console I’ve sent a few test messages from my the console and they’re not being received on the iPhone. Any idea where to check with that one?

Thanks

Ross

Hi, @Ross_Coombe1

Try to check the status of these messages. This dock may help you in it.

https://backendless.com/docs/rest/push_get_message_status_2.htm

Regards,
Marina

Hi All
Thank you so much for your help. It’s all sorted now, the issue was my side. I appreciate the rapid support. You can now close this ticket and any others created because of it.

Thanks Again
Ross

1 Like

@Ross_Coombe1, glad to hear it’s working for you. Can I close an earlier created ticket BKNDLSS-26261 for the issue you described above?

Regards,
Marina

Yes you can, thanks.