iOS push notification sent but not received on my device

Hi,

I tried all the possible things I know to get the push notification sent and received to my iPhone device but I failed. The messages show in the console but I never received any on my devices. I have done all the required certificates from apple developer account and uploaded the p12 file to backendless.

Please let me know what I am missing. Thank you.

Regards,

Saleh

Hi!

We have several tutorials how to setup push notifications:
https://backendless.com/push-notification-webinar-recording-is-available/
https://backendless.com/ios-push-notifications-with-backendless/

Saleh,

I also recommend watching a recording of a webinar I did. You can find on the webinars page on our website.

Mark

Hi Saleh,

Please download this sample project, this is a simple app making device registration and one push (publish & receive). Try it with my appId & secretKey - then check this app with your appId & secretKey. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Slava

Same problem here. From our previous BaaS (BaasBox) the push are received, so with certificate we’re ok. Devices registered and present on the console, but either sending from the console or from the app, no push received. Two days trying to make it work; no way.
iOS app.

Slava, I just tried your sample project, of course adapting ids for our app. No push received.

Console output:
didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceId: 5B44FBF6-61CC-ECC9-FF6C-8B1FA71C4F00

PUBLISHED

Message has been sent: <MessageStatus> messageId: 81BA1074-96BC-AD4A-FF25-F9ECA1F7A500, status: SCHEDULED errorMessage: (null)

Michele, maybe you should wait little more? I just check this sample - and it works for me:

http://support.backendless.com/public/attachments/40d0dea8b22ba8a28ca3ba19762c111a.png&lt;/img&gt;

Slava, the code in our app is very similar to yours, and we’re waiting since two days for notifications.

We tried your sample project with both ids on two devices but nothing in one hour.

debug log with your ids:
didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceId: E848A41D-3F44-8E2A-FFD4-2EE05C6F4500
PUBLISHED
Message has been sent: <MessageStatus> messageId: 31714442-7FFA-E096-FFE5-AC3BE3E56D00, status: SCHEDULED errorMessage: (null)

Did you use a certificate with or without password with your previous BaaS?

With password

Did you check it with my appID & secretKey - or yours?

Checked with both ids

I point out that the app using the other BaaS is currently receiving notifications.

Could you provide your appId & secretKey to support@backendless.com (mark it ‘BKNDLSS-12564’)

Done. Thanks.

I see - you’ve sent them

Michele, please also provide the bundle Identifier for your certificate to support@backendless.com

Michele,

to make sure we covered all the bases, did you go through the configuration steps described at?:
https://backendless.com/documentation/messaging/ios/messaging_xcode_setup_for_apn.htm

If the certificate you deployed to Backendless is “sandbox”, then the provisioning profile must be selected for “Development”. If the certificate is universal, then the selected provisioning profile must be Distribution/appstore.

Please let me know.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark
with over 20 apps published we certainly are aware of the mechanics involved in APN. Its the first time tough that we use Backendless and, despite the fact that you support only one push certificate, we tried all the possible configurations.
Also is worth to note that even you sample project with your ids is not receiving in our devices. Same app, same certificate in another BaaS is currently working.
Thanks for your support.

Michele

I am not questioning your familiarity with the process, it is our job in support to make sure we check everything. I know it is annoying when support people ask if “your computer is turned on” when you’re having a problem.

So, just to be absolutely clear, your provisioning profile matches the type of certificate (that is if you deployed Release cert, you created Distribution profile), is that correct?

Mark