iOS push notifications

Hi,

I’m trying to use Messaging service to send push notifications to iOS devices.

I have uploaded the push notification certificate with the password, configured the device to register for push notification ( I can see my device in the “Devices” tab) but, when I try to publish send a notification, the device won’t receive it. I get a message Scheduled popup but can’t see these messages anywhere (not in the phone or in the messages tab). Btw I am using Backendless version 3

How can I see the messages that I have sent? and how do i get them to appear to my users?

Best,

F

Hi Feras,
please check the status of the message. After publishing message you will receive messageId - pass this ID to the method getMessageStatus and let us know what you’ll get.

Regards,
Stanislaw

Hi Stanislaw,

I am publishing it from the server side, so from the Backendless dashboard online.

Best,

Feras A.

So there you can find messageId (in UI), copy it and manually check message status as I’ve described in previous post. Message status will give us an idea what’s wrong.

there is no messageID …

OK, ID column is message ID.

Yes but every time I send a new message, no new message IDs are added.

Hi Feras,
You should see the message in the table immediately after pushing the “Publish” button. At least that’s what I get in my test app. If you provide your application ID, I could try to check the same in your app.
Also, do you set any additional fields or checkboxes?

Hi Sergey,

The problem I am having is that i don’t see any new messages in the table. Shall I send you my APP ID in a more secure medium?

F

You can send it to me via direct message.

Just sent it :slight_smile:

Looks like you’re doing something wrong, I’ve recorded a video showing you how to send a message and get the ID: cinnamon-20181004-2.webm - Google Drive

HI Sergey,

it seems to work fine. I was sending to one device and for some reason it wasn’t going through before but thank you for the video and now it is working.

is there any way of attaching user names to the IDs so we can see the names in the device list on the backend?

The table in the console does not contain an additional column for that, so unfortunately it’s not possible.

Hi, AlSaab.
It is not a hundred percent, but it can turn out. Take into account, that the deviceId must be unique.
By the way, backendless-5 has table DeviceRegistrations where you may work with registrations like with ordinary database records. And besides it, the relations with Users established automatically if the registration was performed with logged in user.

Thank you both. When is Backnedless 5 coming out?

A half year ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah I though only back endless 4 was out as there is no “upgrade to 5” on my dashboard. ok, so we have the app in production, I would like to setup a backendless 5 development service while still keeping backnedless 3 running for the production until i make sure everything is running smoothly. Is this possible? then afterwards I can migrate everything.

ah I though only back endless 4 was out as there is no “upgrade to 5” on my dashboard. ok, so we have the app in production, I would like to setup a backendless 5 development service while still keeping backnedless 3 running for the production until i make sure everything is running smoothly. Is this possible? then afterwards I can migrate everything.?