java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: CodeRunner

I keep getting the following error when I try to run CodeRunner™ v3.0.8.2 for Java .
How can I solve this?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weborb/client/ioEngine/HttpIOEngine
at com.backendless.coderunner.runtime.security.CodeRunnerSecurityManager$1.<init>(CodeRunnerSecurityManager.java:17)
at com.backendless.coderunner.runtime.security.CodeRunnerSecurityManager.<clinit>(CodeRunnerSecurityManager.java:16)
at com.backendless.coderunner.runtime.security.Security.setupSecurity(Security.java:42)
at com.backendless.coderunner.CodeRunner.start(CodeRunner.java:99)
at com.backendless.coderunner.CodeRunnerLoader.main(CodeRunnerLoader.java:67)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: weborb.client.ioEngine.HttpIOEngine
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 5 more

Hi Stig,

What OS do you run the CodeRunner on?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark

Mac OS X El Capitan

Hi Stig,

Just to confirm: did you get the code runner from the downloads section on the website or as a part of the code generation process on the Business Logic screen in console?

Also, I assume you run CodeRunner from the /bin directory with “./CodeRunner.sh”.

Regards,
Mark

I downloaded the CodeRunner from the downloads section.

And yes I run it from the /bin directory with ./CodeRunner.sh

There is an updated build of CodeRunner on our website - 3.0.9

Could you download and try it? Also, please let me know what you get when you run the following from the command line?:

java -version

Mark

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError This exception indicates that the JVM looked in its internal class definition data structure for the definition of a class and did not find it. This is different than saying that it could not be loaded from the classpath. Usually this indicates that we previously attempted to load a class from the classpath, but it failed for some reason - now we’re trying to use the class again (and thus need to load it, since it failed last time), but we’re not even going to try to load it, because we failed loading it earlier (and reasonably suspect that we would fail again). The earlier failure could be a ClassNotFoundException or an ExceptionInInitializerError (indicating a failure in the static initialization block) or any number of other problems. The point is, a NoClassDefFoundError is not necessarily a classpath problem.