Let customers consume trial versions from Marketplace

Recently you’ve added the interesting feature “Sell Products on Backendless Marketplace”.
As a consumer, assume I’m interested in a certain UI component. However, before spending money on something, I would like to consume a trial version of this component, or a full version for a trial period.
As a provider, I could workaround this by offering a trial version (with limited features) + a fully fledged version. This would however double the visible components on the marketplace.

What do you think of offering a trial concept, which allow consumers to try a marketplace component for a limited amount of time before buying the unlimited usage rights?

Regards,

There are some challenges with implementing a trial. Specifically, blocking the usage of a product (blueprint, page template, UI component, UI function, UI theme, API service) when the trial expires. While for some (such as an API Service for instance) it would be rather straightforward, for others not so. Instead, we recommend creating a free version of the product that gives a “taste” of the product and a full commercial version of the product.

Regards,
Mark