Link from Password Recovery?

Hi,

I understand that the current email template does not support html and cannot include custom properties value ie. first_name, last_name, displa_name, which I want to include in the message body.

So I’m planning to create my own password recovery email by using an external email template through an external email service using business logic of Backendless. I noticed that there is a RestorePassword event in Users. Is this the right place to do this? Also, is it possible to get the link from this event?

Regards,
Allen

Hi Allen,

I think you will need a custom event handler to implement this.

When the user presses the restore password button in your UI, you should dispatch a custom event, instead of making UsersService.restorePassword API call.

The handler of this event should generate and save a new user’s password and send it to the user using external template and external email service

Hi,

Thanks for the info. However, this might not be the best solution for me. I prefer to just include a link where the user can go to reset their password. In this case, it would seem that I would need to implement this logic as well which will be too much for me.

Hopefully, the email template will support custom properties in the future.

Regards,
Allen