Support Topics Documentation Slack YouTube Blog

Load all user properties of a GeoPoint's linked user object

(Milen Marinov) #1

Hello,

I have a GeoPoint that has a user object linked from the metadata (i.e. the user that created the GeoPoint). The user has a phone number property that I want to access through the GeoPoint. However, when I get the object it has only objectId, name, email & password properties. When I check the same object from the console it does have a phoneNumber (among some other) property. (see screenshots)

Also, If I login with the same user and access the object from backendless.userService.currentUser it does have all properties:

I’m using the iOS SDK with latest version 5.1.2. The same situation in Android works fine.

Is this a bug in the SDK?

(Olga Danylova) #2

Hello Milen,
Please provide your code snippet that shows how do you retrieve geoPoints and we will check this issue as soon as possible.

Regards,
Olga

(Milen Marinov) #3

Hello Olga,

Here is the code:

GEO_POINT center;
    center.latitude = location.coordinate.latitude;
    center.longitude = location.coordinate.longitude;
    BackendlessGeoQuery *query = [BackendlessGeoQuery queryWithPoint:center radius:kDefaultMapRegion units:METERS categories:nil];
    query.includeMeta = @YES;
    NSDate *threeDaysAgo = [NSDate dateWithTimeIntervalSinceNow:-(60 * 60 * 24 * 3)];
    query.whereClause = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"dateSubmitted > %lu", (long)([threeDaysAgo timeIntervalSince1970]*1000)];

[backendless.geoService getPoints:query response:^(NSArray<GeoPoint *> *receivedGeoPoints) {
        NSLog(@"Received %lu signals", (unsigned long)receivedGeoPoints.count);

// Process received GeoPoints

} error:^(Fault *fault) {
        // Process error
    }];

(Olga Danylova) #4

Hello!

Unfortunately I can’t reproduce this problem.
Could you please create a very simple project (with your APP_ID) just to reproduce the issue.
You can upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox and share it right here.

Necessary methods:

1. create geopoint with author:user metadata
  2. retrieve geooints with metadata

Regards,
Olga

(Milen Marinov) #5

Hi,

As my project is open-source I think it will be best to use it directly. You can find it here: https://github.com/HelpAPaw/FriendsInNeed
I made a short video for reproducing the problem: https://youtu.be/MQKwucCDYnQ

Let me know if you need more info!

Best,
Milen

(Olga Danylova) #6

We’ll check it as soon as possible and answer here.

Regards,
Olga

(Olga Danylova) #7

Issue has been fixed. Please update to iOS-SDK v 5.1.3 and verify whether it works fine now.

Regards, Olga

(Milen Marinov) #8

It works now! You are awesome! Thanks!