Logics not getting saved

Hello,

I have an issue, whenever i update my logics in my UIbuilder it doesn’t seem to update it the next time I go into it. It always reverts back to a specific time. Has anyone else experienced the same when tinkering with logics, this is specifically with checkboxes and making it save to a database

Hi @sebastian_de_Lasson

Welcome to our community and thank you for trying out Backendless.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with a small video demonstrating the issue you are facing. Alternatively, you can describe the steps you followed in detail, which would help us in reproducing the problem on our end.

Regards,
Viktor

Hi Viktor,

I don’t know how to record it, but I will try to explain it in great details. My issue is in the UIbuilder on the frontend part.

Whenever I go to one of the checkboxes I made and click to edit the logic for the checkbox. I can normally edit the checkbox, see image below. I try to edit the "contains item: “Frontend dev” to Sales instead, which is another data type in my competencies multiple choice list in my backend. When I finish updating my logic and goes back out by clicking on the User interface button on the menu, it completely resets to what is in the image.

Hi @sebastian_de_Lasson

Are you working on this project alone? I ask this because if several developers are working on the same pages at the same time, there is a chance of losing data. Since it might be overwritten by the data of a second developer. Could this be your problem?

Let me clarify one more thing. Did I understand correctly that you only lose data that was printed instead of “Frontend dev”? I mean, you entered “Sales”. And the new value should be exactly that?

Regards,
Marina

Hi Marina,

I am working alone and it keeps happening after I re enter the logics page.

I lose the changes I make in the logics section for the checkbox

man. 26. jun. 2023 kl. 18.57 skrev Marina Kan via Backendless Support <support-forum@backendlessmail.com>:

@sebastian_de_Lasson

Does the problem only occur on this page? How can we reproduce it on our side? And can we check it in your app? If we could reproduce it, it would allow us to find the problem and the solution faster.

Regards,
Marina

It happens when I try to change any logics in my checkboxes. You can check it in my app

man. 26. jun. 2023 kl. 19.35 skrev Marina Kan via Backendless Support <support-forum@backendlessmail.com>:

Hi @sebastian_de_Lasson

I assume I know what’s the issue, I guess you do not click outside (to unfocus) the Text block and just close the Codeless designer, do you?

It saves/applies changes for such input blocks (Text/Number/etc) only when you unfocus it because of several reasons, here are two of the most important:

1. we do not need to create a changelog snapshot on typing, it creates only when you are done changing the block
  2. performance reason

Regards,
Vlad

Hi Vlad,

That seems to have been the issue, I just tested and it works. Thank you very much for your help!