MasterClass - Custom Functions

Hi , I was following Marks tutorial on Custom Functions where he creates a FunckyText function, mostly went well, only 2 problems.

1. Only the first 16 characters of the Input data are processed, I re-ran the tutorial, don’t believe I missed anything and there is no where to limit the length of the input data being processed anyway.

btw, The function I have is…

1. This one is more annoying than a real problem. Whenever I disconnect a jigsaw, the screen freezes for about 45 seconds, it did not have this behavior in Mark’s tutorial. Even when the screen unfreezes, sometimes the disconnected jigsaw is not selectable (and that is a problem).

Hello @Bruce_X

1. Blocks looks correct. Maybe your UI component just cut the string, l mean like hide the part of string

2. Make sure that your computer has enough memory and CPU when the hangs happen

@Bruce_X , I’d like to see if I’d experience the same freeze. Could you please let me know your application ID and point out the page where the function is used as well as the name of the function?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Sergey

My laptop has heaps of everything - Windows 10, RAM = 8GB, Free diskspace = 243GB

Hi Mark

Where do I get the Application ID, Anyway the app name is SImple, (the only one I have so far),
the page name is MasterClass2 .

Focus your attention here…

The function is called funCreateFunkyText

Have Fun
BruceX

You can find your application ID right on the app’s dashboard in the BACKEND section of Backendless console. The name of the app (Simple) is not unique, but the app ID will uniquely identify it in our system.

Regards,
Mark

Hello @Bruce_X

I was able to reproduce the issue, an internal ticket has been created, the ticket’s number is BKNDLSS-24267.
We will notify once the issue is fixed.

Regards, Vlad

Hi Mark
The Application id = 65C3C696-81FC-DB1A-FF40-2B2B4CEF7000

Hello @Bruce_X

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Inna