Maven

Are there any plans to publish the Android SDK on maven central?

Hi James,

I do not see any reasons why we should not do it. Consider it done, should not take a lot of time.

Regards,
Mark

Hi James,

Backendless is now available on maven central. You need to add the following dependency to your pom.xml:

<dependency> <groupId>com.backendless</groupId> android <version>1.0</version> </dependency>

Regards,
Mark

Thanks Mark,

For other Android devs, I’m sure you can work this out, here is how to include it your build.gradle:

dependencies {
compile ‘com.backendless:android:1.0’
}

Hi @mark-piller, I’m setting up Push notifications on Android now and I don’t have this (pom.xml) in my react-native project. So my question is, the @james-wilding suggestion is a valid workaround for this pom.xml?

Regards;

Hi @MARCIO_PRUDENCIO

I assume this article will help you to setup PushNotification in your ReactNative app https://backendless.com/push-notifications-using-backendless-react-native-android/

Regards, Vlad

Hi @vladimir-upirov, thanks for the link.

I’m getting an error (Backendless.Messaging.addPushNotificationListener is not a function … addPushNotificationListener is undefined) when added to my componentDidMount, couldn’t find a related topic here.

As a result, I’m able to Send but NOT Receive Notifications. Any guess?

@MARCIO_PRUDENCIO please submit a new topic for any new question you have. As you can see, the discussion you’re having now has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this topic.

Thanks!

Done @mark-piller, my bad… thanks!