Missions task not validating: "Retrieve Data With Where Clause (REST Console)"

Mission: DATA MINER
Task: Retrieve Data With Where Clause (REST Console)

Hello,

I am unable to clear this mission. I was able to follow along with the tutorial video but my mission progress did not validate.

To be specific, in the Where field I typed: Continent = 'Europe' and Population > 10000000 and Name LIKE 'B%'

In the Object ID field I typed count.

And in Paging Size I typed 100.

Results were matched and returned in JSON format, as I started from the tutorial app template and have the country data. I saw it work, but I didn’t get credit for the task completion.

When I clicked the Discuss button and read the comments there, others were struggling with this too. One user suggested the following:

Make sure you have enabled API tracking for the app you’re using for missions. You need to use any API key except the CloudCode API key in the request.

Can someone please explain how complete these steps, such as to enabling API tracking?

Note: I see a similar post by another user, but it is not clear how the problem was resolved.

Hello @Causality!

I’ve checked your application and noticed that API Tracking is enabled.
Could you please provide the full version of the request you’re using, as well as screenshots where the response can be seen?

Regards,
Alexnader

Hello @Alexander_Pavelko

Thank you for your response.

I will post a screenshot of what it looks like for me:

The full Request URL is:

https://manyfrog.backendless.app/api/data/Country/count?pageSize=100&where=Continent%20%3D%20'Europe'%20and%20Population%20%3E%2010000000%20and%20Name%20LIKE%20'B%25'

I have tried various combinations:

• with and without inclusion of and Population > 10000000 and Name LIKE 'B%'
  • with and without specifying a Paging Size (when I did, I entered 100 like in the tutorial)
  • with and without specifying count in the Object ID field

Hello, @Causality.

1. Please remove pageSize from your request.
  2. Your where clause must be this: Continent = 'Europe' and Population > 10000000
  3. Field with objectId must be empty.

When you go through missions, it is important to remember that the request must be identical to the request described in the task. Otherwise, the mission will not be counted.

Let me know if your issue will not resolved after completing this steps.

Regards, Nikita.

1 Like

Thank you Nikita!
That resolved the issue.

From now on I will pay close attention to the written task description as I follow the tutorial videos.

1 Like