Mobile app - avoid double geolocation permission request

Hi,

I am using the native mobile app shell, and when asking for the user’s location, I get two permission requests :

• the first one is the classic one associated with the smartphone’s OS, it is required and to be expected.
  • the second one comes on top of that, and is quite cryptic for end users.

Question : how can we get rid of that second request ? Because it sure isn’t great UX…

Thanks for your support.

Hello, @Nicolas_REMY.

Thank you for reporting the issue.
I am investigating this problem, when there is some progress, I will let you know.

Best Regards, Nikita.

1 Like

Hi @Nikita_Fedorishchev ,

Thank you for reviewing this. Do you know if there is a timeframe for resolution ? Not only did several test users come back to me with the feedback that it was either puzzling or that it looked like the app bugged, but one experimented developer also told me that this kind of UI would not be accepted during the final store reviews for publication. So I am looking to solve this ASAP.

Hello, @Nicolas_REMY.

I am currently working on a solution. I think this will be fixed soon.

Best Regards, Nikita.

1 Like

Hi @Nikita_Fedorishchev ,

Do we have any news about this issue ?

I have tried building with the latest mobile app shell which was apparently updated a few days ago, but I still get the cryptic permission request. My users all seem to think this is a bug.

Would appreciate if you could advise.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Hi @Nicolas_REMY

We have already assigned higher priority to this issue and working on a solution now.

Regards,
Viktor

Hello, @Nicolas_REMY.

Problem was fixed. You need to update native-shell repository from git hub. And just use Get Current GEO Location block.

Best Regards, Nikita.

Hi Nikita,

I had just built my latest version when I got your notice. So I rebuilt it. It did require a few adjustments, but in the end I managed to build it. And I must say it works great ! No more second cryptic permission request ! And the choice between rough and precise location also seems to work fine, so up to now from what I’ve seen, it’s great.

Just a side question : with the new native shell version, I get the following warning when building for Android :
Note: flutter/.pub-cache/hosted/pub.dartlang.org/flutter_facebook_auth-3.5.7/android/src/main/java/app/meedu/flutter_facebook_auth/FacebookAuth.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
How can I remedy this ? Thanks a lot for the great work !

N.

Hello, @Nicolas_REMY.

In general, it’s just waring and it doesn’t affect anything. If this bothers you and you are not going to use facebook login in your application, then you can simply cut out this logic.

Best Regards, Nikita.

1 Like