Newbie Question - How to go to page that is in a different container group?

Hi what is the logic for being able “on click”, “goto_page” for a page called “pg_sign_up” that is in a different “system container” from the “default container” that my home page is in?

I get a 404 error when I just try to go to “pg_sign_up” and it’s not in the same container.

Thanks!

Hello, @William_Lee.

You can watch our video tutorials to explore with codeless logic. Also we have documentation for Codeless. Do you know these resources?

https://backendless.com/docs/codeless/index.html

Regarding your question: the transition should be between the pages of ONE container. I created a ticket(BKNDLSS-24379) to reconsider the situation.

Best regards, Nikita.

Hi Nikita. The Login Page is automatically generated in the “systems” container but if I have a splash home page in the “default” container that needs to call this Login Page I have 2 choices.

1. Try to figure out if there’s a way I can navigate to it from a different “default container” in the Logic builder.

2. Try to either Move or Duplicate this Login page into the “default container” so that all my pages that I need to navigate to are all in the same container.

So I’m not sure what options I need to take here.

Is the ticket (BKNDLSS-24379) for potential update to allow this? Thanks for helping to clear this up.

BTW I already watched over 30 backendless videos so far but I need to dig into your Logic Builder documentation link so thank you!

BKNDLSS-24379 describes a redirect problem between containers. We will investigate your problem in more detail.

Regards, Nikita.

Hi William,

The Go To Page block operates only within a single container. A “container” is typically a self-contained web app (or a version of your app for sandboxing purposes). In order to utilize pages from the system container, you can use the following logic:

You may need to adjust the ../../../ path accordingly, depending on where your container is published. The example above should work for preview.

Regards,
Mark