OAuth Codeless Blocks

Hi everyone, I’m setting up additional methods for login and wanted to use the OAuth Codeless Block. Link below.

I don’t see this block under Business logic > Backendless > User API as it says. Has it been removed?

Hello @Charles_Fields

The OAuth user login block is present in the UI Builder

The block is not present in the Business Logic for the following reason:
OAuth user login block returns the URL of the provider and this URL is used to display the login form in a pop-up window. And already when a login is made in this window, the token for the social login is returned to us and the login to Backendless is already carried out.
In Business Logic , at the stage of opening the form of a third-party provider - further login is simply impossible.

Regards,
Vladimir

@Volodymyr_Ialovyi thank you so much for the clarification. I was able to set this up with ease after getting off work. I setup a page in my UI-Builder to run the Codeless Logic then placed that web URL into my app to complete the Login.

Is there an equivalent way to do Apple Login? Of course, that will be required b/c I am using over other social logins. I’ve reviewed the documentation, but its a bit confusing for someone newer to this.

Lastly, will the prompt always list Backendless.com instead of my app name? Pic attached

Hello @Charles_Fields,

here is the article about the Apple Login:

Regarding the link to Backendless when logging in, I believe it takes the current application domain. Have you tried setting up your custom domain and see what will be shown at login?

Regards,
Stanislaw

Perhaps I’m doing something wrong, but it still shows ‘backendless.com’ even though I have a custom domain setup. I’m using the custom domain on the webpage for login and also added it as an option for the redirect link. Ideally, I’d like that to display my custom domain name.

I’ve read through the Apple Login instructions. It’s pretty confusing going from Backendless to the instructions in the link below. The API call is pretty simple, but setting up the webpage to get the token seems a bit tricky.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/sign_in_with_apple/sign_in_with_apple_js/configuring_your_webpage_for_sign_in_with_apple

Hello @Charles_Fields

Perhaps I’m doing something wrong, but it still shows ‘backendless.com’ even though I have a custom domain setup.

currently, there is no way to change this. I have created an internal discussion BKNDLSS-27504 to add a possibility to choose the domain that can be used.

I’ve read through the Apple Login instructions. It’s pretty confusing going from Backendless
Yes, it is not so easy, backendless service Login with Apple suppose that you already have the token from apple.

Hi, wanted to know if this is still the case, or if it is possible to associate this with the name of my app. Thanks.

Hi @Nicolas_REMY,

Yes, you can now use your custom domain in your application and use it for Login Providers.
Check if it works for you and let us know if you have any issues.

Regards
Nazar