Open custom email confirmed url

Hi,
hope you are doing well and staying healthy!

Is there a way to open custom Email Confirmation (confirmation-confirmed) url? I’ve read on this forum that you can redirect to any page from the template, but it looks bad, because user can see the page in between and it’s not looking good.

Thanks,
best,

Nick.

Hi Nick,

What do you mean by “open custom url” ?

Email confirmation URL is included into the email confirmation message. When the user clicks the URL, the confirmation page is rendered. That process is called “opening the url”. However, it seems like you’re asking about something else.

Mark

Yeah, sorry, seems like I did explain very bad. What I would like to achieve is to get to my own web page after confirmation, let’s say homepage of my web site. One way to do it is to make redirect on the backendless template, but in the end template page will be shown for user and then redirected, which looks not nice, I would like to avoid this proxy page if that is possible somehow.

Please let me know if it is still unclear, I will try to rephrase it.

Thanks!

Thank you for the clarification, I understand the question now.

There are two options:

1. You can customize the “confirmation-confirmed” page to follow your website’s or app style
  2. You can add a redirect on the page. If you put the redirect logic to run as soon as the page is rendered, the UX will not be that bad as the browser handles it very quickly. Here are some ways to handle it: javascript - How do I redirect to another webpage? - Stack Overflow

Regards,
Mark

I am using On Before Page Enter handler and redirect right away, but I am still see the page for a second or even more. Is this the only solution? Does not look nice, to be honest.

Thanks a lot,
Nick.

No, it is not. There are two solutions I described. The other one is to implement and style the UI of the “confirmation-confirmed” page.

Mark

1 Like