Page layout may be unexpected due to quirks mode

Hi! i am new to the world of coding/no code. I have run into an issue when using the print block. when i hit preview and inspect, it will either show “abc” as if i haven"t typed anything in, or, it will show me what i have previously printed. i have screenshots here.

I have screenshotted the error message that mentions a “quirks mode”.
Upon investigation, I have found that if at the top of my HTML elements, there is no " " , the page will trigger the quirks mode every time i hit “preview”.

the last screenshot shows a video from the backendless video lecture where the print block is introduced. in his inspect page, i noticed that he had “” where i did not.

i am wondering if this is what is causing my print issue.
i am also wondering if it is the issue, how do i go about fixing it?
it happens on any browser i use. i have not changed anything in my program or browser as i am new and dont know how to anyway.

help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello @Austin, and welcome to our community!

I’m thrilled to have you with us and appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention.
Let’s dive into what you’ve encountered:

1. Based on the screenshots you shared, it seems the Print block is highlighted in yellow. This usually means it’s still in edit mode, and any new input hasn’t been saved. A quick click outside this area should save your changes and reflect a different outcome in the console.

2. As for the Quirk mode issue, it stems from the absence of a DOCTYPE declaration. I’ve gone ahead and opened a ticket to resolve this matter. We’ll keep you updated right here in this thread once we have a fix in place.

Thank you for reaching out, and please remember, our community is here to support you. If you ever face any challenges or have questions in the future, don’t hesitate to ask. We’re more than happy to assist!

Regards,
Alexander

Hi Alexander! Thank you so much for your help! The edit mode highlight was my issue and it has been resolved! i’m excited to continue on building now!

As for the quirks mode issue, It seems it had nothing to do with my edit mode issue. Im not sure if that will give me a problem in the future or not but im sure it will also be resolved since a ticket was made.

Thank you again for your help and i feel welcome into the codeless world!

Hi @Austin,

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether the fix works for you?

Regards,
Bohdan