Support Topics Documentation Slack YouTube Blog

Please verify new table columns were added to all database copies in our cluster (I got an error with one of them)

Hi Backendless team,

We have a managed server and we are preparing for a new release of our mobile game so I needed to add two new columns to our User table in our Rewardify_Prod app. Our User table currently has over 300k rows.

The first column I added, “recoveryGuid” (a string) and went fine.

The second column I added, “accountRecoveries” (an integer, with default value of zero) showed a red error box in the upper-right corner of the console. I don’t remember exactly what it said but it was something like, “Error: accountRecoveries already exists” (or, it might have been “doesn’t exist”).

I tried to add it again, but it said it already existed. After about a minute, the new column appeared and had the correct default value.

I slacked with Mark and he asked me open a support topic requesting that a BE person verify that these two new columns exist in all copies of the database in our cluster.

I also added one new column to our UserAppData table called, “gameSaveData” (a string).

I also added four new rows to our InstantWinPrizes table. They have “prizeValue” field (a double) of 250, 500, 1000 and 2500.

I also need to deploy new server code but will wait until I hear back that these new columns exist in all copies of the database in our cluster. Thank you!
-Brian

Hello @Brian_Goble,

I have checked DB, all columns are present. One thing that was odd, that there was no default value for accountRecoveries so I have added default value by changing column in backendless console.

Thanks Sergey. In the future, when I update tables in Rewardify_Prod should I kick everyone out of our mobile game before making changes to the tables? Would that make it easier for the system to fully update?

it should not be a big problem for the system to add new column

Ok, thank you for the clarification.