Possible bug with embed component

I’ve added the following embed to my control (i’ve omitted opening script and closing tags so you can see the rest of script here)

type=“text/javascript” src=“https://form.jotform.com/jsform/213034067982153”>

But get the following result:

Illegal request-target: Invalid input ‘<’, expected segment, ‘/’, ‘?’ or ‘EOI’ (line 1, column 112)

What am I doing incorrectly? Thanks.

Hello @Robert_Lerner

Welcome to the community and thanks for trying out Backendless!

Could you please tell a little bit more about steps to reproduce the issue, for example:

1. create a new page in the UI-Builder
  2. drag and drop an IFrame component on the page
  3. then…

Regards, Vlad

Thank you very much for your quick response. After doing those things, I copied the embed link from the provider, in this case Jotform, and pasted it into the source URL field of the property sheet for the component. I then ran the page on the desktop preview and saw the error I had mentioned.

Please provide your appId and pageName and I will take a look

Sorry – I don’t know where I find it app ID. The name of the app is BlockFacts1 and the page is Contact. Thank you very much.

AppId you can find on the main Dashboard page

Here you go - thanks.

5EEFC28F-1D2F-8FFF-FF9E-707997A76E00

1 Like

Oh, I see

The input Source URL expects a URL to the web page

When I enter the following url into the property, the desktop preview just shows a large amount of text, not the form itself. Am I getting the wrong info form jotform?

https://form.jotform.com/jsform/213034067982153

the above URL opens JS content, but it should open an web (HTML) page

Thank you – you nailed it! It’s working fine now with just a straight URL. The confusion was mine - in that the name of the component is embed component and I have always been working with actual embed code in similar circumstances. Didn’t realize that your platform was different in that it was expecting a straight URL. The clear name of the property label should have been a signal of that for me. Sorry for wasting your time.