Problem with downloading apps ZIP file

Hello everyone,

I’m having troubles with downloading ZIP file of my app from Backendless. I received an email with link for download but every time I try it stops downloading after some time (Probably size of the is the problem). I tried to reach out to develop-eu@backendlessmail.com which was stated in the email for support but no answer at all so that’s why I’m writing here.

Thanks in advance.

All the best

Alex

Hello @Aleksandar_Dukovic,

Can you please tell:

1. What is the archive size?
  2. In which cluster is your application located?
  3. Application ID

Regards,
Olha

Around 40 GB

EU Cluster

Application ID DAB8636A-EFE1-9E8C-FF79-2ED7E1BACC00

@Aleksandar_Dukovic,

Also please provide step by step instruction to reproduce this issue.
Is it failed when exporting? If so - which tables or views do you export?

@olhadanylova like I said it’s not the problem with generating. I clicked generate ZIP and received email with link for download. The problem occurs when try to download ZIP file. I can’t do it. Download process stops little after I start it.

Thanks, I understand and sorry for the misunderstanding.
Just asked to clarify because I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue in another app.
Checking directly with your app right now.

No prob. Is it possible to attach a ZIP to a WeTransfer or something like that. I think that would work. Thanks in advance.

I was able to download archive from your app without any problems.
Unfortunately, I cannot upload it for you elsewhere because I generated a new archive for tests (it won’t work for you, because I’m the owner of this test archive).

For now please follow these steps:

1. Your application’s owner should press ‘Generate ZIP’ once again.
  2. You will receive an email with a link
  3. With a stable internet connection try to download the file (it should be nearly 23GB).
    As a result, you will have a file named dab8636a-efe1-9e8c-ff79-2ed7e1bacc00-transfer.zip.

IMPORTANT:
Keep in mind that you won’t be able to open this file, it is only needed to create another application on current or another cluster.
It is also crucial not to rename the file and leave the name as it is, as the new application must have the file named exactly like this during the creation process.

@olhadanylova
I tried few times to download it again but with the same result. My download is blocked after some time and can’t do nothing about it.
The internet connection shouldn’t be a problem because we have direct fiber optic link and our network speed is pretty good.

It’s almost a month we are trying to download this archive with no luck. Payed subscription for January just for this purpose and billed again now. I mean this is getting pretty frustrating.

Is there anything else we could try?

Could you confirm that you regenerate the zip archive one more time? If yes, could you share a link(could be as a private message), and I will try to upload it somewhere else for you.

Hi Alex,

I uploaded the zip to my Google Drive folder. I sent the link to the file to your email.

IMPORTANT: To restore the app from the zip file, you need to use the signature of the app’s owner. The signature can be obtained in Backendless Console on the Manage > App Settings > Development Team section:

Make sure to get the signature, without it, you will not be able to restore the app. Additionally, I recommend testing the zip file to make sure the app can be restored from it.

Regards,
Mark

We tried to import app as You proposed and here is the error.

What now? :slight_smile:

Am I understand correctly that the zip file is about 40Gb (the size you mentioned earlier)?

Nope that was a mistake. Size is 21 GB.

Hi @Aleksandar_Dukovic ,

We increased limits for upload file size on the Nginx side.
Could you please try to create app one more time?

Regards, Andriy

Hello @Andriy_Konoz

here is the result

Hi Alex,

We increased the upload limit for this scenario. Could you please try again?

Regards,
Mark

500 Internal Server Error

500 Internal Server Error

nginx

Above is the error message I receive. I tried 3 times with same result.

BR
Alex

Hello @Aleksandar_Dukovic

I am very sorry. It looks like we have some miscommunication, in what cluster would you like to create an application from Zip? Is it US, EU or SA?

Hello Sergii
I’m currently using the EU cluster.