Support Topics Documentation Slack YouTube Blog

Problems in installing Backendless 5

(Eyad Pro) #1

Hello backendless team,

I have a problem upgrading the iSO SDK to the latest version (5.2.3). So currently Im stuck with 4.5.0.

My whole project is in Obj C only

The Reason is :

When I try upgrading to version 5.x , your pod installs additional components (Socket IO Swift) and (StarScream), these will make an issue with the App linking … so I did ask you before and the suggestion was to enable (use_frameworks!) thing … I did that but this made the pod updating operation to fail with errors in processing Google Maps Pod :

"The ‘xxxx’ target has transitive dependencies that include static binaries" and it will be stuck…

I don’t know what to do here and I suspect that using an old version is giving me another error when I call backendless find API while offline …its giving me the following error:
-[Fault defaultAdapt]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x280874990

Any help please ?

(Eyad Pro) #2

Hi Backendless Team,

Im still waiting for your comments here please

(Olga Danylova) #3

Hello,

Assuming you have

pod 'Backendless'
pod 'GoogleMaps'

I’ve checked the pods installation with Backendless 5.2.3 and GoogleMaps 2.7.0 and everything works fine - no conflicts appeared.
Please create and attach here a simple project that only reproduces the issue (only a simple code sample and a podfile) so we can reproduce and check this problem.

Regards,
Olga

(Eyad Pro) #4

Hi Olga,
For the above part it will work … however try adding the Utilities Pod of Google Maps SDK:

pod ‘Google-Maps-iOS-Utils’

This is where you will get the errors… I juts tested it and it gave me the same Errors I raised in the original message

Thanks
Eyad

(Olga Danylova) #5

Ah, I see.
It seems like the Google-Maps-iOS-Utils library is not compatible with use_frameworks! because we depend on the static library GoogleMaps.

Maybe these topics could help you?

Regards,
Olga

(Eyad Pro) #6

Hi Olga,

Thanks … its working fine now after following some of the above instructions

Thanks
Eyad