Project Template Problem

I downloaded the Project Template: IOS (Objective C and Swift) but I can´t get it running.

• I am using XCode 9.0.1
  • I followed the Pod Instructions and it generated successfully the workspace file
  • I opened the workspace file

Problem
A. I tried to run the project but it gave an error about a missing file (Backendless.h). I manually added the file and then it asked me for many other files and I added them
(I downloaded the IOS SDK from the Git Hub)
B. After adding all the files it gives me this error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

What can I do? What I am doing wrong?

Note: This is my pod file

Uncomment the next line to define a global platform for your project

platform :ios, ‘8.0’

target ‘Parents_Stuff’ do

Uncomment the next line if you’re using Swift or would like to use dynamic frameworks

use_frameworks!

Pods for Parents_Stuff

pod ‘Backendless’, ‘~> 4.0’

pod ‘Backendless-ios-SDK’

end

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px; text-indent: -12.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo}

Hi Carlos,

I have Xcode 8.3.3 installed. Just downloaded the Swift template and was able to run it without any problems. I need to update my system to 9.0.1, that may take some time…

Did you have the same problem with both Swift and Obj-C?

Mark

Yes, The same problem with both.

Could you please check what version of Backendless Pod you have installed?

Backendless (4.0.16)

Backendless-ios-SDK (3.0.44)

Yes, I tried separetly

these two are very different. Make sure only 4.0.16 is present.

I think that something is wrong with my procedure. I downgraded to XCode 8.3.3 but it still generated the same problems…

These are my steps

• Downloaded the project template
  • Unzipped the file
  • In terminal, changed the current directory to be the project’s directory.
  • Used $pod install command
  • Used $pod update command (this generated the workspace file)
  • Open the workspace, and clicked on run

Questions:

• After running the pod install and update commands, it is supposed to download and add the SDK files?
  • When I opened the workspace for the first time, I tried to add the Objective-C Bridging Header but the file was missing, there was nothing inside the Pods/Backendless folder, so I copied and pasted the files from the Backendless IOS SDK downloaded from the Git Hub. Is that suppose to happen?, is the right way to add the files?
  • After adding the files, I runned the project in XCode but the build failed and gave me the error: Apple Mach-O linker error. How do I fix it?

Hi Carlos,

The steps are correct. I also recorded a video for the entire process on my machine. You can see it at: http://take.ms/aavmF

Please see my answers for your questions:

• After running the pod install and update commands, it is supposed to download and add the SDK files?
    Yes.
  • When I opened the workspace for the first time, I tried to add the Objective-C Bridging Header but the file was missing, there was nothing inside the Pods/Backendless folder, so I copied and pasted the files from the Backendless IOS SDK downloaded from the Git Hub. Is that suppose to happen?, is the right way to add the files?
    No, as you can see from the video, I do not add any files or change anything in the configuration.
  • After adding the files, I runned the project in XCode but the build failed and gave me the error: Apple Mach-O linker error. How do I fix it?
    Don’t know, but I believe adding the files is not needed.
    Regards,
    Mark

Thanks Mark, I’ll let you know if I find a solution

What OS do you use?